noun, definition: A revolutionary structure for distributed leadership. A framework for streamlining and optimizing decision-making. The game-changing organizational paradigm for 21st century conscious business.
It’s time for a new way of doing business. One that honors multiple perspectives — without getting lost in a swamp of indecision. One that respects personal expertise and fuels innovation. One that invites engagement, sparks creativity, and leverages process for purpose-driven results.
The structure is called Holacracy. And it’s better than you can imagine. We should know because WonderWorks uses Holacracy.
Holacracy Is About Getting The Job Done!
Holacracy Offers Solutions:
Traditional, hierarchical, “top-down” authority frameworks make job descriptions and decisions unclear — and they invite disengagement and squelch innovation. Progressive, “bottom- up” frameworks honor multiple perspectives — yet often dilute visions and get stuck in consensus-driven decision-making.
Progressive, Disrupter, Early Holacracy Adopter:
Holacracy takes the best of both “top-down” and “bottom-up” approaches while elegantly avoiding the pitfalls of both. It’s a framework for distributed authority that streamlines decision-making so your team can act swiftly, purposefully, and confidently.
Holacracy is scalable. Whether you’re a team of two or 2000 (or a pioneering CEO leading 20,000), it will make your team enormously more efficient.
Revolutionize Your Organization:
The Nuts ‘n Bolts:
- Distributed Authority: Holacracy establishes a framework for broad input — without falling into the trap of muddled, crowd-sourced decision-making.
- Clear Roles + Responsibilities: Holacracy bakes engagement into every step. By assigning clear roles, everyone enjoys genuine authority and claims real responsibility.
- Harnessing Tensions: That gap between how things are and where you’d like to go? Other systems call those “problems.” Holacracy recognizes the power of these tensions to catapult you to new success. It welcomes them, addresses them head-on, and harnesses their power for positive change. Most importantly, it does all of this swiftly and consciously so you can translate them into meaningful change.
- Transparent Governance: Clear rules prevent egos — or politics — from dominating decisions. Stay on purpose through explicit structures, dynamic steering, and ongoing processes.
- No more frustration and disengagement. Create a culture of trust, collaboration, and optimism where everyone feels engaged and enthusiastic.
- Dynamically steer roles instead of job descriptions so everyone is maximizing their talents, sovereign over their domain, and focused on the greater good.
- No more drama. Resolve chronic issues. Deal with new tensions immediately (no more sweeping things under the rug to fester).
- No more boring, pointless, or redundant meetings. Ensure every meeting is productive and valuable. Eliminate micromanaging and inefficient overlaps.