noun, definition: A revolutionary structure for distributed leadership. A framework for streamlining and optimizing decision-making. The game-changing organizational paradigm for 21st century conscious business.
It’s time for a new way of doing business. One that honors multiple perspectives — without getting lost in a swamp of indecision. One that respects personal expertise and fuels innovation. One that invites engagement, sparks creativity, and leverages process for purpose-driven results.
The structure is called Holacracy®. And it’s better than you can imagine. We should know because WonderWorks uses Holacracy®.
Holacracy® Is About Getting The Job Done!
Holacracy® Offers Solutions:
Traditional, hierarchical, “top-down” authority frameworks make job descriptions and decisions unclear — and they invite disengagement and squelch innovation. Progressive, “bottom- up” frameworks honor multiple perspectives — yet often dilute visions and get stuck in consensus-driven decision-making.
Progressive, Disrupter, Early Holacracy® Adopter:
Holacracy® takes the best of both “top-down” and “bottom-up” approaches while elegantly avoiding the pitfalls of both. It’s a framework for distributed authority that streamlines decision-making so your team can act swiftly, purposefully, and confidently.
Holacracy® is scalable. Whether you’re a team of two or 2000 (or a pioneering CEO leading 20,000), it will make your team enormously more efficient.
Revolutionize Your Organization:
The Nuts ‘n Bolts:
- Distributed Authority: Holacracy® establishes a framework for broad input — without falling into the trap of muddled, crowd-sourced decision-making.
- Clear Roles + Responsibilities: Holacracy® bakes engagement into every step. By assigning clear roles, everyone enjoys genuine authority and claims real responsibility.
- Harnessing Tensions: That gap between how things are and where you’d like to go? Other systems call those “problems.” Holacracy® recognizes the power of these tensions to catapult you to new success. It welcomes them, addresses them head-on, and harnesses their power for positive change. Most importantly, it does all of this swiftly and consciously so you can translate them into meaningful change.
- Transparent Governance: Clear rules prevent egos — or politics — from dominating decisions. Stay on purpose through explicit structures, dynamic steering, and ongoing processes.
- No more frustration and disengagement. Create a culture of trust, collaboration, and optimism where everyone feels engaged and enthusiastic.
- Dynamically steer roles instead of job descriptions so everyone is maximizing their talents, sovereign over their domain, and focused on the greater good.
- No more drama. Resolve chronic issues. Deal with new tensions immediately (no more sweeping things under the rug to fester).
- No more boring, pointless, or redundant meetings. Ensure every meeting is productive and valuable. Eliminate micromanaging and inefficient overlaps.